1. The academic council of the department is required to select the internal auditor.
2. The selected auditor shall fulfill the necessary academic and practical experiences in the same field of specialization; such experience shall be evaluated by the council affiliated to the academic department.
3. The selected auditor shall be one of the academic members of the competent department's staff or the academic staff of the other departments of the faculty.
4. The selection of the internal auditor shall be approved by the academic department.
5. The selected auditor shall be aware of the nature of the program, its academic contents, and graduates.
Personal Aspects of the selected internal auditor:
1. Believing in the role played by the internal auditing departments in the accreditation of the educational institutes and the development of their performance.
2. Enjoying the necessary emotional stability and good conduct when facing any abrupt situations.
3. Establishing effective and skillful communications with others and creating well relations with them.
4. Thinking critically and resolving the problems through untraditional methods.
5. Objectivity and impartiality when taking any decision or issuing any judgment.
6. Keeping the ultimate confidentiality.
7. Excellent and wise management of the entire situations and incidents.
Experience in the fields of Auditing and Evaluation:
1. Comprehending the entire criteria of quality and accreditation applicable at the higher/university education institutions.
2. Comprehending the justification and procedures of accreditation in addition to methods of applications.
3. Enjoying the ability to select the data and information collection resources depending on academic basis.
4. Analyzing and interpreting both qualitative and quantitative data.
5. Mastering the drafting skills of the internal auditing reports.
Experience in the fields of Information Technology and Communications:
1) Acquaintance about the entire academic multimedia and their role in the field of education.
2) Mastering data-analysis and interpretation skills and drafting reports using computers
3) Utilizing various electronic web sites efficiently.
4) Sending and receiving all of the necessary information and reports via e-mail.
Duties of the Internal Auditor
The internal auditor is entitled with auditing and preparing the required reports using the internal auditor reporting form for performing each of the following tasks:
1. Structure of the program and its content in consistence with its nature, academic contents, and graduates.
2. The accuracy and consistency of data.
3. The academic criteria that the internal auditor applies.
4. The ability to achieve the targeted academic results.
5. The educational strategies and resources.
6. The available learning & teaching facilities and assessment of students.
7. Preparation of a clear detailed report in accordance with the criteria declared by the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education with regard to the previously performed auditing processes.
The aforementioned procedures are to be taken in accordance with the following framework:
1) Taking all the appropriate steps within the affordable capacities for comprehending the process and requirements of Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education.
2) Performing the auditing in the light of respecting both the vision and message of the faculty.
3) Avoiding any kind of possible bias either in favor of or against the faculty when performing the auditing process
4) Keeping the confidentiality of the information and secrets such auditor review; while refraining from disclosing any of them to any academic or scientific institution, person, or media without obtaining the prior permission of the faculty.