M.D.degree in Medical Parasitology
DEGREES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Ain Shams University Cairo, Egypt
▪ M.D. degree in Medical Parasitology, November 2016.
Thesis title '' Evaluation of effect of Minor Groove DNA-Binder on Trichomonas vaginalis in Vitro''.
▪ Master degree in Medical Parasitology, November, 2011
Grade: Very Good.
Thesis title:" Investigation of Intestinal Spore Forming Parasites in Patients with Diarrhea" presented as a Poster in the 3rd Egyptian Parasitologists United Conference (EPU), 2012. Parasitology: Everlasting Development. Cairo, October 10-12, 2012
▪ M.B., B.Ch, Faculty of Medicine, December 2005.
Grade: Excellent with honors. http://net.shams.edu.eg
● Lecturer of Medical Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, MTI University, Cairo, Egypt
● Lecturer of Medical Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
● Demonstrator and researcher of Medical Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University from January 2008- June 2012.
● Assistant lecturer and researcher of Medical Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University from June 2012- June 2017. Delivering medical education to undergraduates and postgraduates in practical lessons and demonstrating the morphology of parasites under the microscope. As well as a researcher conducting epidemiological and laboratory studies in the field of Medical Parasitology.
● Work at Parasitological Research and Diagnostic Laboratory Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University from 2008 up to 2017 , as a clinical parasitologist with experience on examination of urine, stool and blood samples for detection of parasites and serological testing of serum samples, serving the inpatients and outpatients of El Demerdash hospital.
● Lecturer and researcher of Medical Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University from June 2017 up till now
● Lecturer of Medical Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, MTI University from July 2019 up till now. Delivering medical education to undergraduate students through lectures and practical sessions and teaching problem case solving scenario for different parasitic diseases.
RECENT ATTENDANCE OF CONFERENCES AND TRAINING COURSES
● July 2016: Middle Eastern Biology of Parasitism (MeBOP)
University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland.
● 2016 – 2017: six training courses under supervision of FLDC. Faculty and leadership development center, Ain shams university, Cairo, Egypt.
● March 2018: The 5th Conference of Egyptian Parasitologists United Society: Parasitosis: A Multidisciplinary Approach. Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
● March 2019: The 40th Ain Shams Annual Medical Congress. Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University.
● Abou Gamra, MM; Kamel, HH; Ezz Eldin, HM; Zahran, FM (2019): Efficacy of netropsin dihydrochloride against the viability, cytopathogenicity and hemolytic activity of Trichomonas vaginalis clinical isolates. J. Infect Chemother; 25(12):955-964. doi: 10.1016/j.jiac.2019.05.015
● Zahran, FM.; Ibrahim, AN and Abou-Seri, HM. (2020): Evaluation of different laboratory techniques for diagnosis of intestinal microsporidiosis in diarrheic children. Parasitogist United Journal; 13 (2): 93-98. DOI: 10.21608/puj.2020.26216.1063
● Zahran, F; Ezz El-Din, HM and Abdel Sameaa, MS. (2020): Study on the effect of an ion channel inhibitor “Fluralaner” on Echinococcus granulosus protoscolices and metacestode layers in vitro. Journal of Parasitic Diseases; 44 (4): 411– 419. DOI 10.1007/s12639-020-01224-6
● Molecular epidemiology of Parasitic diseases
● New diagnostic techniques and new treatment approaches for Parasitic diseases