Full Name: Hayam Samy El-Sayed Abdelkader
Date of birth: 24th,March, 1968
1985-1989: B.Sc. in Microbiology, Microbiology Department, Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
1990-1994: Research Associate, Molecular Plant Pathology Laboratory (MPPL),Genetic Engineering Research Institute, (AGERI), 9, Gamaa Street, Giza, Egypt.
1994-1997: Research Associate, Molecular Biology Unit, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt.
1993-1997: M.Sc. in Molecular Biology (Virology), Faculty of Science, Department of Microbiology, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt.
1997-2001: Ph.D. in Molecular Biology (Virology), Faculty of Science,
Department of Microbiology, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt.
2008-Now: Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Taif University, Taif, Al-Haweiah 21974, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
M.Sc. (1997): " Molecular Biological studies on Potato Leafroll Virus"
Ph.D. (2001):"Molecular Cloning and Expression of the Gene(s) Encoding the Broad Spectrum Antiviral Protein(s) From Phytolacca americana (Pokeweed)"
FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS:
• UNDP Fellowship, United States of America, Cornell University and Michigan State University,1992- 1993.
• Award for Review the Research Papers of the Students Participating in the 2nd Scientific Conference for Students of Higher Education in Saudi Arabia, 2010-2011.
• Award for helping and organizing the 26th meeting of Saudi Society for Life Sciences and held at Taif University, 2010-2011.
• Award for the efforts and contribution in the 1stScientific Exhibition of the Faculty of Science, Taif University, 2012
• Award of Taif University for Scientific Publishing ,2011-2012.
• Award for Review the Research Papers of the Students Participating in the 3rd Scientific Conference for Students of Higher Education in Saudi Arabia, 2011-2012.
• Award for Review the Research Papers of the Students Participating in the 4th Scientific Conference for Students of Higher Education in Saudi Arabia, 2012-2013.
• Award for supervising National Olympus Science Innovation Project, 2013.
• Award for Laboratories follow-up and supervision of the proper functioning of practical tests in all Faculty Departments at Taif University, 2013.
• Award of Taif University for Scientific Publishing ,2012-2013.
• Molecular biology (1002) (Level four)
• Biotechnology (1001) (Level four)
• Applied Genetic Engineering (1005) (Level five)
• Gene Therapy (1006) (Level five)
• Biosafety (1004) (Level five)
• Introduction to Biotechnology 205101-4 (Level one)
• Introduction to Molecular Biology 205201-3 (Level three)
• Molecular Cell biology 205206-3 (Level four)
• Introduction to Genetic Engineering 205-205-3 (Level four)
• Molecular Diagnostics 205405-3 (Level seven)
• Molecular Biology Methods and Equipments 205401-2 (level seven)
• Practical Human Genetics 205403-3 (Level seven)
• Medical Virology 205406-3 (Level seven)
• Environmental Virology 205402-3 (Level seven)
• Medical Microbiology & Immunology 201420-2 (Level eight)
• Design, synthesis, characterization and evaluation of diagnostic & therapeutic recombinant antibodies.
• Design, synthesis, characterization and evaluation of antimicrobial agents.
• Molecular analyses of gene structure and function; gene identification, cloning, construction, and mapping.
• Molecular diagnostics of viruses by real-time PCR, In situ hybridization, and DNA Sequencing.
• Disease-specific genetic markers, VNTRs, STRs, and SNPs.
• Molecular biology; transformation, gene expression and recombinant DNA.
1. Ohud M. Al-Harthi, Hayam S. Abdelkader and Eman M. Halawani (2015). Molecular typing of Salmonella enterica serovars Typhimurium and enteritidis isolated from Taif area of Saudi Arabia by random amplified polymorphic DNA-polymerase chain reaction (RAPD-PCR). AJMR 9(9): 651-661. DOI: 10.5897/2014.7292- ISSN: 1996-0808.
2. Eman A. H. Khattab and Hayam S. Abdelkader (2015). Production of Polyclonal Antibodies to Bean Yellow Mosaic Virus Isolates Affecting Legumes and Ornamental Plants In Taif Province. IJACS 8(2):149-159. ISSN: 2227-670X. Hayam S. Abdelkader and Eman M. Halawani. (2014). Gc-Ms Analysis And Antimicrobial Activity Of Syzygium aromaticum Extracts From Taif, Saudi Arabia.Int J Pharm Bio Sci., 5(3): 389 – 401.
3. Roqayah, H. Kadi, Eman, M. Halawani and Hayam, S. Abdelkader (2014). Prevalence of H. pylori strains harbouring cagA and iceA virulence genes in Saudi patients with gastritis and peptic ulcer disease. Microbiol. Discov.2:2 http://dx.doi.org/10.7243/2052-6180-2-2.
4. Hayam S. Abdelkader and Mahmoud M. Rifaat (2013). Identification and tracking of Bemisia tabaci in Saudi Arabia by RAPD PCR and principal component and two-way cluster analyses. Journal of American Science. 9(5): 563-569.
5. Ohud, M. Al-Harthi, Eman, M. Halawani, and Hayam, S. Abdelkader(2012). Detection of Salmonella strains in clinical samples from Saudi Arabia by invA and hilA PCR-based assays. Afric.J.Microbiol. Res.6(25): 5410-5416
6. Asmaa F. Abd El-Monem, Kh. A. El-Dougdoug, Ibtisam A. Hamadi, Entsar A. Ahmed and Hayam S. Abd El-Kader (2011). Identification and molecular characterization of Tomato Yellow Leaf Curl Virus-EG. Emir. J. Food Agric. 23 (4): 355-367
7. Ibrahim A. I.,Hemeida A. A.,Girgis A. A.,Abd El-Kader, S. Hayam, and Abou-El-Einin, H. (2011).Genetic variance between some Egyptian date palm cultivars using PCR-based markers with emphasizing on the prevalence of Al wijam disease.Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection.44(8):732-742
8. El-Dougdoug, A. Kh., Osman, M.E.,Abd El-Kader, S. Hayam,Dawoud, A. Rehab, and Elbaz, M. Reham(2010). Biological and molecular detection of HSVd-infecting peach and pear trees in Egypt. Australian Journal of applied science.4(1): 19-26.
9. El-Dougdoug, A. Kh., Osman, M.E.,Abd El-Kader, S. Hayam,Dawoud, A. Rehab, and Elbaz, M. Reham(2010). Elimination of Hop Stunt Viroid (HSVd) from Infected Peach and Pear Plants using Cold Therapy, Chemotherapy and Meristem-tip Culture. Australian Journal of applied science. 4(1): 54-60).
10. Abd El-Monem, F. Asmaa, El-Dougdoug, A. Kh., Hamad, A. Ibtisam, Ahmed, A. Entsar, and Abd El-Kader, S. Hayam(2009).Identification of Squash Leaf Curl Virus (Egyptian isolate). Australian Journal of applied science. 3(4): 3470-3478.
11. Khereba, A. H., Abdallah, A. Naglaa, Hassan, H. A., Mohamed, A. Mahassen,Abd El-Kader, S. Hayam, Abdrabou , A. M.andZein, H. S. (2009).Evaluation of some cucumber inbred lines and their hybrids for Cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) resistance. Arab J. Biotech. 12 (1):133-148.
12. Sharaf, N. A.,Abd El-Kader, S. Hayam,AbdEl-Hadi A. A., and Ahmed, S. Dalia (2009).Overexpression of rice chitinasegene: Evaluation of chitinase ability as a bio-antifungal agent. Arab J. Biotech. 12(1):85-98.
13. Khalifa, A. Elham,Abou-El-Einin, H., and Abdelkader, S. Hayam(2008). Identification of Leaf hopper vector associated with Al-Wijam disease of date palms In Egypt using hybridization technique. Bull. Ent. Soc. Egypt. 85: 303-309.
14. Aly M. Abdel-Salam; Ibrahim, A.M. Ibrahim; Hayam S. Abdelkader; Samah A. Mokbel; and Manal A. El-Shazly (2008). Biological, serological and molecular studies on Prunus necrotic ring spot virus infecting Rosa hybridaL. in Egypt. Arab J. Biotech. 11(1): 125-138.
15. Aly M. Abdel-Salam., Ibrahim A.M., Hayam S. Abdelkader, Amira M.E., and Salama M. E. (2008). Characterization of two isolates of Prunus necrotic ringspot virus (PNRSV) from peach and apricot in Egypt. Arab J. Biotech. 11(1): 107-124.
16. EL-Kewey, S.A., Sidaros, S.A., Abdelkader, S. Hayam, Emeran, A.A., and EL-Sharkawy, M. (2007). Molecular Detection of broad bean staincomovirus (BBSV) and cowpea aphid borne mosaicpotyvirus (CABMV) in faba bean and cowpea plants. Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 3 (12): 2013-2025
17. Hassan, M. Maggie, Abdel-Momen, M. S., Shaltout, M., Abeer, and Abdelkader, S. Hayam (2007). Detection and quantification of Fusariumoxysporum f. sp. Lycopersici in tomato using real-time-PCR. Egyptian J. Phytopathology,11:1-12
18. Abdelkader H. S., and Rifaat, M. M. (2007). Molecular Cloning, Expression, and Characterization of Mouse Single-Chain Fragment Variable Antibody against Citrus Tristeza Virus. Arab J. Biotech.10 (2):355-368.
19. Eman A. Khatab; Manal A. EL-Shazly; and Hayam S. Abdelkader(2007). Natural infection peanut with Peanut mottle virus (PeMV) in Egypt. J. Agric. Sci. Mansoura Univ., 32(4): 2511-2525.
20. Abdel-Salam, M. A., Manal, A. Shazly, and Abdelkader, H. S.(2006). Beet necrotic ringspot virus, a new Ilarvirus infecting sugar beet in Egypt: Biological, biochemical, serological, and genomic studies. Arab J. Biotech. 9 (2): 375-388.
21. Abdelkader,H. S.; Khatab,E. H.; and Abd El Fattah A.I. (2006). Detection and Identification of an Egyptian isolate of Cucumber Mosaic Virus (CMV) affecting Sugarbeet Using Non-radioactive RNA probe. Pak. J. Biotechnology. 3 (1-2): 1-10.
22. Omar, R.A., Sidaros, S.A. El-Kewey, S.A., Abdel-Kader, S. Hayam, Deif, A.A., Abass, M., Jehan. (2006). Detection and Identification of Beet Mosaic Potyvirus (BtMV) Infecting Sugar beet plants in Egypt. Pak. J. Biotechnology. 3 (1-2): 45-54.
23. El-Tahlawy, M.; Rizkallah, L.R. and Abdelkader, H. S. (2005). Field Evaluation of Different Faba bean Genotypes for Seed Transmission Ability of Some Viruses Using Serological Techniques. Egyptian Journal of Virology2(1): 225-237.
24. Osman, M. E.;Abd-Elsalam E. T.; Abdelkader H. S.; and Nassar, E. A. (2005). Molecular Characterization and Expression of Banana Bract Mosaic Virus (BbrMV) Coat Protein Gene in E. coli. Egyptian J. Virol. 2 (1): 183-200.
25. Allam, E. K.; Othman, B. A., Abdelkader, H. S., and Mahmoud, A. N. (2004). Detection of Grapevine FanleafNepovirus capsid protein gene by RT–PCR and DNA Hybridization. Egyptian J. Virol. 1, 93-102.
26. Abou El-Nasr, M. A., Dougdoug, K. A., Abdelkader, H. S., and Dawoud, R. A. (2004). Molecular Cloning and Expression of the Coat Protein Gene of Plum Pox Virus El-Amar Strain in E.coli. Egyptian J. Virol.1, 25-38.
27. El-Sayed, T.; Habib, H., Abdelkader, H. S and Al-Khazindar, M. (2004). Molecular Cloning and Expression of Nucleoprotein gene (NPs) of tomato spotted wilt virus in E.coli. New Egyptian J. Microbiol. 9(5): 355-364.
28. El-Said, H. M., Kheder, M.A., El-Kady, M., Abdelkader, H. S., Atia, M. M. and Khatab, H. I. (2002). Partial nucleotide sequencing of the coat protein gene of an Egyptian isolate of Bean Yellow Mosaic Virus. Zagazig J. Agric. Res. 29(5): 1607-1627.
29. El-Said, H. M., Kheder, M.A., El-Kady, M., Abdelkader, H. S., Atia, M. and Khatab, H. I. (2002). Development of a competitive reverse transcription PCR for the detection and quantification of bean yellow mosaic virus (BYMV). Zagazig J. Agric. Res. 29(5): 1591-1605.
30. Mazyad, H., Sabek, A., Rifaat, M.M., Abdelkader, H. S., and Amin, H. (2000). Detection of potato leafroll virus by RT-PCR and a digoxigenin labeled DNA Probe. Egyptian Journal of Phytopathology.P. 143-156.
1. The 2nd Biotechnology World Congress ACS, 2013, Dubai Women's College. Dubai. UAE.
2. College of Applied Sciences. Umm A-Qura University. Makkah, 5thSaudi Science Conference (SSC5'2012).
3. International Conference of Material Science and Its Applica.ion, 13-15 Feb, 2012, Taif University.
4. The 26th Meeting of Saudi Biological Society. "Climatic Change and Biodiversity" 2011, In corporation with Taif University, The Presidency of Meteorology and Environment, The Saudi Commission for Wildlife, and Prince Sultan Chair for Environment and Wildlife, Hosted by Taif University.
5. Biovision Alexandria Conference. From Promises to Practice, 12-16 April, 2008.
6. The 4th International Biotechnology Symposium (IBS) and 1st Pakistan-China–Iran International Conference on Biotechnology, Bioengineering and Biophysical Chemistry (ICBBB-2007), Pakistan.
7. BioVision Alexandria “New life sciences: Changing Lives: Sponsored by Library of Alexandria, Bibliotheca Alexandrina. 26-29 April, 2006.
8. International Nuclear Information System (INIS): Sponsored by the Atomic Energy Authority, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt. 16-17 April, 2006.
9. The 1st International Conference of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology. National Research Center, Cairo (Egypt), March 15-17, 2004.
10. The first Conference of Virology, Dec, 2004. The Egyptian Society of Virology In Collaboration with The Arab Council for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research.
11. Antibody Production and Downstream Processing. IBC Life sciences. Café Royal, London. 23-24 September (2002).
12. National Symposium on Biological Weapons Control: Sponsored by The Ministry of State for Scientific Research - Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT), International Agricultural Center. Dokki, Giza, Egypt, April 18-20 (2000).
13. The 38th Scientific Congress of The Egyptian Society of Clinical Chemistry: Cairo (Egypt), December 20-22 (1993).
14. The Second International Congress, African Union for Liver Disease. March 18-22 (1993).
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES:
1. Mrs. Roqayah Hassan Hussein Kadi, (M.Sc. 2013)
Isolation and Molecular Identificatiion of Helicobacter pylori in Gastric Mucosa and its Susceptibility to OleaEuropaea L. (Olive) Leaf Extracts. MSc. Thesis in Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Taif University.
2. Mrs. OhudMoslat Al-Harthy, (M.Sc. 2012)
Molecular Characterization of Salmonella enterica causing Gastroenteritis by DNA Fingerprinting.MSc. Thesis in Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Taif University.
3. Mrs. Reham Abdel-Hameed, (Ph.D. 2010).
Biological and molecular studies on hop stunt viroid (HSVd) Infecting some fruits in Egypt. Ph.D. Thesis in Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Helwan University.
4. Mrs. AsmaaA.Fathi (M.Sc.2010).
Biological And Molecular Studies On Begomoviruses Infecting Some Vegetative Crops In Egypt. MSc. Thesis in Microbiology, Department of Botany and Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Helwan University.
5. Mr. Abou-El-Ainin, H. (M.Sc.2008).
Molecular Studies on Date Palm Varieties. MSc. Of Genetic Engineering, Bioinformatics department, Genetic Engineering Research Institute (GERI), Sadat City, Egypt.
6. Mrs. Dalia Ahmad S. ( M.Sc.2008)
Genetic studies on Periculariaorayza. M.Sc. Thesis in Agriculture Science, Department of Genetics, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University.
7. Mrs. SamahAbdel-Salam, (Ph.D.2008).
Studies on Prunus Necrotic Ringspot virus affecting some species of the Family Rosaceae. Ph.D. Thesis in Agriculture Science, Department of Plant Pathology, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University.
8. Mrs. Amira Megahed, (Ph.D.2008).
Biological and Pathological Studies on Prunus Necrotic Ringspot virus infecting Prunus Spp. Ph.D. Thesis in Agriculture Science, Department of Plant Pathology, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University.
9. Mrs. AmanyAbdel-Hady, A. (M.Sc. 2007).
Diagnostic Studies on Certain Viruses affecting legume Crops In Egypt. MSc. Thesis in Plant Pathology, Department of Agriculture Botany, Kafr El-Sheikh, Tanta University. 109 pp.
10. Mrs. EntessarNasar, A. (Ph.D. 2006).
Molecular characterization of Banana bract mosaic virus infecting banana in Egypt. Ph.D. Thesis in Botany, Department of Botany, Faculty of Science, Helwan University 115 pp.
11. Mrs. GamalatAllam, (M.Sc. 2006).
Pathological and Molecular Characterization of Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus infecting tomato in Egypt. M.Sc. Thesis in Plant Pathology, Plant Pathology Department, Faculty of Agriculture, Ain Shams University 105 pp.
12. Mrs. MahaEl-Khazendar, (Ph.D. 2006).
Serological and Molecular studies on Tomato Spotted Wilt Virus (TSWV). Ph.D. Thesis in Virology, Department of Botany, Faculty of Science, Cairo University.
13. Mr. Mohsen El Sharkawy, (M.Sc,2006).
Biological and serological studies on certain viruses affecting leguminous crops. MSc. Thesis in Plant Pathology, Department of Agriculture Botany, Kafr El-Sheikh, Tanta University. 110 pp.
14. Mrs. NoherAbdel-Nazeer, (Ph.D.2006).
Molecular and viral studies on fanleaf virus in grapevine. Ph.D. Thesis in Microbiology, Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Agriculture, Ain Shams University.
15. Mrs. Rehab Dawoud, (Ph.D. 2006).
Molecular Studies on plum pox virus and production of virus free plants. Ph.D. Thesis in Microbiology, Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Agriculture, Ain Shams University.
16. Mrs. ManalEl-Shazly, (Ph.D.2005).
Studies on a Virus Infecting Sugar Beet Plants in Egypt. Ph.D. Thesis in Plant Pathology, Department of Plant Pathology, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University. 200 Pp.
DNA–based vaccines, Molecular diagnosis, Prenatal diagnosis, Anticancer agents and apoptosis, Nanobiotechnology for cancer therapy, applications of Real time PCR in detecting genetic and infectious diseases, siRNA and gene silencing, gene manipulation of stem cells, Antibacterial activity using nano particles and plant extracts, and Molecular typing of microorganisms.
• Teaching using E. Learning creative program, Blackboard (Bb) for student Education.
• Strong experience using the MS Windows and its applications.
• Sequence-alignment programs such as BLAST, FASTA, DNA Star, GenPro, Premier, AlphaEase Software (Alpha Innotech, CA, USA). Dendrograms were analyzed using MultiVariate Statistical Package software (MVSP 3.2., UK) and CLC Main Workbench 5.1 program.
• SPSS Statistics software for managing data and calculating a wide variety of statistics.
• ANOVA (Analysis of variance).
• BioTools, multiple software languages for biological informatics and bioinformatics applications.
• Advanced knowledge of the Internet and World Wide Web.
• Advanced knowledge of new technologies that can be included in academia such as the iPad and Smart pens.
Reviewer for the following journals:
1. International Journal of Microbiology and Immunology Research (IJMIR).
2. Global Research Journal of Microbiology (GRJM).
3. Journal of Infectious Diseases and Immunity.
4. American Journal of Experimental Agriculture
1- "Chemical and biological security and safety in the laboratories", Faculty of Pharmacy, MTI University, Egypt. 8-9 Feb, 2015.
2- "Methods and techniques of scientific research" Faculty of Pharmacy, MTI University, Egypt. 3 Dec, 2015.
1. Laboratory accreditation Symposium by Saudi Commission for Health Specialties, September, 2013.
2. The Ethics, Research and Clinical Applications of Stem Cells Research, by Faculty of Medicine, Monach University and King Abdul Aziz University for Science and Technology, Jan, 2012.
3. Recruiting, Developing and Retaining a Faculty For The Twenty First Century". Academic Leadership Development Workshop; May, 2011.
4. Modern teaching strategies "active learning", March, 2011.
5. Teaching technology workshops at Taif University.
6. A full course to build teaching and communication skills, May, 2011.
7. Development of communication skills in dialogue, April, 2011.
8. Emotional and behavioral disorders among college students: How to overcome them and prevention, 2010.
9. Development of skills and proficiency of research for teaching members in Saudi universities, March ,2009.
10. Total Quality Management and Six Sigma (TQM &6 Sigma), 2009
11. Monoclonal Antibodies Workshop. Molecular Immunology Unit, Faculty of Medicine For Girls, AL-Azhar University, April, 2002.
• "Writing skills of scientific research". Taif University, Faculty of Science, 2013.
• "Principles and Applications of Protein Electrophoresis", Taif University, Faculty of Science, 2012.
• "Molecular Diagnostics of Infectious Disease", Taif University, Faculty of Science, 2013.
• "Molecular Virology", Cairo University, Faculty of Agriculture, 2008.
• "Microbiological analysis in serving industry and the environment", Cairo University, Faculty of Science, 2006.
• "PCR and Electrophoresis", Cairo University, Faculty of Science, 2004.
ACADEMIC and CULTURAL COMMITTEES:
• Chairman of Community Development Committee, MTI University, Egypt. 2015-2016.
• Chairman assistant of Scientific Research Committee, MTI University, Egypt. 2015-2016.
• Chairman of the Committee for Quality Assurance and Accreditation (Taif University, KSA). 2009-2014
• Associate Member of the Strategic Plan of Taif University, KSA. 2009-2014
• Chairman of Faculty of Science's Laboratories (Taif University, KSA). 2009-2014
• Judging Member of Research Creativity and Talent (Ministry of Education, Taif, KSA). 2009-2014
ACADEMIC and PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS:
• Egyptian Association of Microbiology Society (EAMS).
• Egyptian Virology Society (EVS).
• Egyptian Bioinformatics and Systems Biology Network (EgyBio.net).
• Saudi Biological Society.
1. Prof. Dr. Ali M. El-Shamy
Dean of Faculty of Pharmacy
Modern University for Technology & Information
2. Prof. Dr. Mahmoud Rifaat,
Faculty of Science, Taif University,
Taif, P.O. Box 888, Al-Haweiah 21974, KSA.
3. Prof. Dr. Eman M. Halawani,
Faculty of Science, Taif University,
Taif, P.O. Box 888, Al-Haweiah 21974, KSA.