Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Electrical Engineering (Excellent with Honor Degree), from The Military Technical College, Cairo, Egypt, in July, 1976.
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Digital Signal Processing Title: "FM/CW Radio Altimeter Using Digital Frequency Discriminator", from Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt, in May, 1983.
Doctor of Philosophy: (Ph. D) in Electronics Engineering [Major Area: Digital Signal Processing, Parallel Processing, Pattern Recognition, & Multivariate Analysis. Minor Area: Computer Engineering].
Title: “Analysis & Implementation of Multi-level Cellular Architecture for Pattern Recognition”, From Electronics Laboratory, Kent University at Canterbury UKC, England, UK, CTZ034 in April, 1989.
a) Work Experience:
- Squad Maintenance Engineer & Avionics Chief Engineer for Workshop in Egyptian Air Force where testing, maintenance and repairing of Airborne equipments (Radar, Navigation and Communication equipments) take place.
- Very Good experience in planning and managing the teaching process.
- Excellent experience in computer networks from design level to implementation and administration levels [Including Novel 3.1, Lucent RAS, Switches, Routers, Cisco Equipments and Access switches, Ascends , 3-com equipments, Radius, Windows Servers & Remote Access Servers management and control].
- Very good experience in different O.S including Unix, Solaris 2.6, 8, 9, Linux, TOAS and all windows O.S.
b) Teaching Experience:
- At the Military Technical College (1980 – 1985) :
Taught all basic courses in Mathematics, Electronics, Computer Engineering, Radar Systems, Avionics, Communication, and Signal Processing.
- At The Electronic Laboratory – Kent University (1985– 1989):
Worked as GTA and taught: Programming in standard C, Electrical Circuits & Design of Electronic Circuits.
c) Programming Languages and Computer Applications :
- Proficient at Basic, FORTRAN, Pascal, C Languages (C++, C#), perl & SQL
- Proficient at SPICE, Analog Workbench, Matlab.
d) Lecturer: At the Military Technical College (1989 – 2004) & MTI-University (2005 till Now).
1. Introduction to Computer.
2. Programming Language (C, C++, C#).
3. Operating Systems.
4. Computer Networks.
5. Data Communication
6. Databases & SQL
7. Logic Circuits.
9. Information & Computer security
10. Aviation Computers
11. Digital Image Processing
13. Electronic Circuits
14. Electronic Measurements
15. Radar Theory & Systems
16. Communication Theory
1. Computer Simulation Techniques
3. Parallel Processing (I)
4. Aviation Computation & Computers
5. Data Mining
6. Pattern Recognition & Machine Analysis
7. Avionics Navigation System (I)
1- Head of the Planning Office of the Educational Affairs at M.T.C. (July 1996 – March 1999).
2- Chairman of Avionics Department, Military Technical College, Cairo, Egypt (March 1999 – July 2000).
3- Chairman of Aviation & Aerospace Branch, Military Technical College, Cairo, Egypt (July 2000– January 2001).
4- Head of Postgraduate Affairs, Military Technical College, Cairo, Egypt (January 2001 – January 2003).
5- Chairman of Electrical Engineering and computer Engineering Branch [includes 12 Departments which are the major specializations for EECE], Military Technical College, Cairo, Egypt (January, 2003 – July 2003).
6- Head of Educational & Research Department [includes; Educational Affairs, Postgraduate Affairs & Research Affairs], Military Technical College, Cairo, Egypt (July 2003 – December 2003).
7- Commandant Assistance for Education Affairs, Military Technical College, Cairo, Egypt (December 2003 – Jan 2005).
8- Head of Information Science Department, Faculty of Computer Science & Information System, MTI-University, Cairo (2005 – Till Now)
- Digital Signal Processing Techniques.
- Parallel Signal Processing.
- Pattern Recognition.
- Image Processing & Artificial Neural Networks.
- Remote Sensing (SAR & ISAR).
- Radar Theory and Systems.
- Electronics and Electronic Devices.
1. H.M.S. Abdel-Wahab, Samy Abo El-Soud, & Ezzat Garras: “The Performance of Radio Altimeter with Digital Discriminator” Digital Signal Processing -84, The international Conference, Florence, Italy, September 1984.
2. Fairhurst, M. C. and H.M.S. Abdel-Wahab: “An Approach to Performance Optimization in Frequency-Weighted Memory Network Classifier” Electronics Letter Vol. 23, No. 21, pp 1116-1118, 1987.
3. H.M.S. Abdel-Wahab & Fairhurst, M.C. :“An Analysis of Discriminatory Mechanisms in Frequency-Weighted Memory Array Pattern Classifier, Pattern Recognition, Vol. 22, pp 411-421, 1989.
4. H.M.S. Abdel-Wahab, M.C. Fairhurst : “Stabilization of Error-rate Performance in Frequency-Weighted Memory Network Pattern Classifier” Pattern Recognition Letter, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp 159-166, Sept. 1989
5. Fairhurst, M.C., H.M.S. Abdel-Wahab et al.: ”Parallel Implementation of Image Classifier Architectures Using Transputer Arrays.” Proc. IEE 3rd Int. Conference on Image Processing & its Applications, 307, pp 136-140, July 1989.
6. Fairhurst, H.M.S. Abdel-Wahab, & P. Brittan.: “Matching Structural and Implementation Models in the Specification of Image Classifier” Pattern Recognition, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp 555-566, 1991.
7. A.M.Hamad, H.M.S. Abdel-Wahab, & E.A.B. El-Sehely : ”An Approach to Improve Airborne Radar Performance in Clutter Environment” 13th National Radio Science Conference, Cairo, 1996.
8. M.A.Mattar, H.M.S. Abdel-Wahab, & Wael M. Tawfeek: ”Simulation of Aircrew Combat Training System ” Seventh International Conference on Aerospace & Aviation Technology (ASAT-7), M.T.C, 14-17 May, Cairo, 1997.
9. H.M.S. Abdel-Wahab, A.M.Hamed, S. Y. El-Esa : “A Method for Increasing GPS Working Area”, 15th National Radio Science Conference, Cairo, 1998.
10. M. A. Matar, H.M.S. Abdel-Wahab, H. A. Adel-Mageed: “An E-nose-based Hand-Held Explosive Detection Equipment” Technology & Armament Magazine, Vol. 15, July 1999.
11. H.M.S. Abdel-Wahab, M. A. Matar, M.A. El-Bassyouny: “Weighted Average Autofocus Algorithm For SAR Imaging”,4th International Conference on Electrical Engineering ICEENG 2004, M.T.C., Cairo, Egypt,23-25 November 2004.
GRADUATE STUDIES SUPERVISIONS:
1. Eng. Ehab .A.B. El-Sehely, "An Approach to Improve Airborne Radar Performance in Clutter & Jamming Environment", M. Sc. Thesis, M.T.C., Cairo, Egypt, January 1996.
2. Eng. Sameh Y. El-Esa, “Differentional Global Positioning SYSTEM (DGPS)” M. Sc. Thesis, MTC, Cairo, Egypt, November 1997.
3. Eng. Wael M. Tawfeek, “Simulation of Tactical Aircrew Combat Training System” M. Sc. Thesis, MTC, Cairo, Egypt, January 1997.
4. Eng. Sameh Y. El-Esa, "Satellite Navigation Systems: Accuracy Enhancement" . Ph.D Thesis, MTC, Cairo, Egypt, January 2001.
5. Eng. Maged .A. El-Bassyouny, “SAR Auto-Focusing Processing Algorithms” M. Sc. Thesis, MTC, Cairo, Egypt, December 2003.
6. Eng. Bassem .I. Sheta, “Synthetic Aperture Radar With Remote Sensing Applications” M. Sc. Thesis, MTC, Cairo, Egypt, December 2004.