VICE DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF MASS COMMUNICATION AND HEAD OF PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT. PHD.
The Faculty of Mass communication-MTI University is committed to the preparation of distinguished media cadres and constant development of its academic programs in addition to supporting scientific research in the media field. We equip the students with the required professional ethics and empower them to gain the trust of the society and compete on both the Arabic and International levels.
The Faculty of Mass communication- Modern University for Technology and Information (MTI) seeks to be a leading academic institution among the Faculties of Mass communication in the Arab world in addition to granting academic degrees that are internationally accredited and is also keen on playing a role in community service issues.
Synopsis about the Department
The study in this department allows the graduates to acquire new experiences while developing their skills with regard to the following:
1. The ability to present the required press coverage of the entire Egyptian, Arabic, and international events professionally and with a great subjectivity.
2. Abidance by the entire Media Ethics Charts in the field of Journalism.
3. Conducting and preparing academic researches and studies in the field of Journalism and E-Publishing that contribute to addressing the issues of both the Egyptian and Arab communities in accordance with the internationally applicable rules of Scientific Research.
4. Presenting and discussing the entire issues of development alongside the other urgent issues that are of great concern to the Egyptian Society.
5. Efficient utilization of the internet networks and the social media platforms with a view to improving the Journalism field, on one hand, and enhancing the press contents that target the readers on the other hand.
6. Utilization of the new media and the entire information technology tools for the purpose of presenting interactive discussions that truly reflect the Egyptian Society to the world with great objectivity and professionalism in addition to responding to and tackling the entire accurate news that is sometimes presented about the Egyptian Society by the Foreign press on the media level.
The ultimate objective of the Journalism and E-Publishing Department in the Faculty of Mass Communication MTI University is to top-rank the various Journalism Departments in the different Egyptian Governmental and Private Universities while granting its graduates credible and accredited academic degrees.
1. Academic Message: The department is committed to develop the educational/academic programs in compliance with the up-to-date technologies and tools of Journalism.
2. Scientific Research Message: Supporting and enhancing the Scientific Research in the field of Journalism and E-Publishing.
3. Community Service Message: Allowing the students of the department to acquire the ethics of Journalism profession and addressing and serving the Egyptian Society issues.
The vision of the department focuses on developing varied and comprehensive specializations, curriculums and visions in the media field while targeting leadership in the education and qualification of the Radio and Television Students in the Scientific Research, Community Service and Humanitarian Culture fields.
Focusing on the acquisition of media knowledge, technical skills and training and their roles in the development of the scientific, research and media thinking in community service and Humanitarian Culture in the light of preserving the cultural heritage and openness to the others' cultures.
1. The integral academic and cognitive preparation of the students in the Audiovisual Production Field.
2. Allowing the students to acquire the specialized research skills in the Radio and Television Research Fields.
3. Developing the creative culture and caring for the talented students.
1. Training the students to apply the fundamental production concepts through the entire Audiovisual Production processes.
2. Introducing the Professional Ethics of the Audiovisual Production Field.
3. Allowing the students to acquire real experiences in the Audiovisual Production environments whether in the University's Studios or the other external environments.
Community Service Objectives:
1. Meeting the needs of the labor Market by graduating qualified students in the field of Radio and Television.
2. Developing partnerships with the entire relevant institutions with a view to upgrading the Radio and Television Field.
3. Conducting the Researches and Scientific Studies in the entire Media Fields that serve the community issues and contribute to propose suitable solutions for the media problems.
4. Spreading awareness about the role of the Radio and Television Media, its tools and effects.
General Qualifications of the graduates of the Department:
The graduate of the Radio and Television Department should be capable of:
1. Having a robust background about the history of the Radio and Television Department.
2. Understanding the factors that affect Radio and Television environments on the local and international levels.
3. Understanding the positive or negative effects of the Radio and Television Media as per the contemporary communication principles.
4. Ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative researches that contribute to describe and identify the media content and its social effects.
5. Understanding the entire Radio and Television elements including (without limitation) to TV production, photography, direction, and being capable of producing a radio or television program that is included among any of the radio and television programs.
6. Assessing and criticizing radio and television practices in accordance with the Ethics of the profession.
7. Excelling in the skills of the radio performance starting with the Arabic Language, reciting, communication skills, up to being capable of broadcasting radio and television programs.
8. Developing the general cultural skills on the political, economic, social, psychological, historical, legal, administrative and academic levels.
9. Utilizing the recent communication technologies to serve the radio and television field.
Having excellent skills to deal with the foreign media with foreign languages
Firstly: Department Vision
The department aims at coping with the recent requirements in the fields of Marketing, Public Relations, and Advertisement on the academic or practical or technical levels. The department looks forward to preparing graduates who are able to work in the various society institutions whether on the local or the international levels in addition to being capable of dealing with this institutional development and face the relevant challenges through allowing them to acquire the entire skills and qualifications that prepare them to the labor market efficiently and with the required capabilities that help them to face these competitive challenges of the general requirements in the fields of Marketing, Public Relations, and Advertisement.
Secondly: Department Message
The message of the department of Public Relations and Advertisement is based on the academic message of the Faculty in the sense that it targets the preparation of qualified students and researchers to be aware of the academic and practical knowledge in the fields of Marketing Communications, Public Relations and Advertisement and able to professionally and institutionally deal with the information technology, communications and new media tools in compliance with the profession's Ethics Charts and the Scientific Research message that are represented in holding conferences, research seminars, making field visits and preparing researches according to the most recent world developments of the researches that are related to the field of Communication. Moreover , the department's message aims at presenting the community service message through studying the relevant problems and challenges and proposing suitable solutions and suggestions in order to confront them as per the preventive and curative functional elements of the Public Relations field and the ability of its practitioners to deal with crises and institutional communications.
Thirdly: Objectives of the Department
1. Coping with the academic, practical and technical development in the fields that are relevant to the Public Relations and Advertisement Department in the different institutions of the society whether locally or internationally.
2. Preparing specialized graduates who are academically and professionally distinguished in the (public relations – Advertisement – Marketing fields) so as to be capable of competing locally, regionally and internationally and in addition to preparing and implementing the communications campaigns.
3. Conducting the necessary researches and academic studies in the fields of Public Relations, Advertisement, and Public Opinion.
4. Developing partnerships with the entire relevant institutions with a view to upgrading the academic and training levels in the department.
5. Upgrading the communicative level that abides by the professional legislations and ethics in addition to enhancing the role of the public relations and advertisement in community service and development.
6. Developing the critical and creative thinking levels and the ability to assess the working environment of the local, regional and international media.
7. Enhancing the Media Research methods and skills that empower the graduates to work in Research Centers or proceed with their postgraduate studies.
8. Achieve the required positions and leadership to the Public Relations and Advertisement Department in the fields of: Education, Scientific Research and Community Service.
9. Acquiring the media and communicative management skills of the local, international and organizational crises.
10. Analyzing the different public opinions that are related to the Public Relations Bodies and are subjected to the media.
11. Constant development and updating of the academic programs so as to cope with the rapid developments in the Information Technology and Communication Fields.
12. Developing brand-new academic programs that match the needs of the labor market.
13. Developing the students oriented practical training systems
The message of the New Media Department focuses on three fundamental elements:
1. Academic Message: Providing an integrated academic environment that confirms the higher quality of learning and educational outputs alongside with preparing qualified students who are able to excel in the entire practical skills including (without limiting) to Graphic Design, Visual Effects, Audio and Video Editing, Digital Journalistic Writing and Critical Thinking. The department students will also be able to utilize the most recent technologies in the various Media fields.
2. Scientific Research Message: Holding conferences, conducting researches and empowering the students to follow -up their postgraduate studies in the New Media Field.
3. Community Service Message: Covering the various media issues, communicating with audiences while paying great attention to the cultural aspects of the society, conducting specialized training courses in the field of electronic editing, digital photography and using the various internet networks.
General Qualifications of the graduates of the Department:
Upon the completion of the program, students must be capable of the following:
1. Efficient utilization of the most updated technologies of the new media in the production of interactive media materials.
2. Excelling in the different academic skills that each media specialist must be characterized with including: Graphic Design, Visual Effects, Photography, Audio and Video Editing (Montage), Journalistic Writing Skills and utilization of the up to date designing software.
3. Utilization of multimedia hardware and the entire relevant programs in the field of new media.
4. Being aware of the technologies that are necessary for the electronic websites and the different social media platforms.
5. Applying the Electronic Media Principles when addressing/ handling the social issues at the media level.
6. Conducting electronic media researches and polls.
7. Utilizing the most recent technologies and social networks for the purpose developing the media content inside the Media Corporations.
8. Transferring the multimedia information into interactive electronic patterns.